NO SCHEDULE AVAILABLE
Layer of Protection Analysis (LOPA)
Since its inception over 20 years ago, LOPA (Layer of Protection Analysis) has become the tool of choice for identifying and estimating Process Safety gaps in industry where hazards are present and need to be contained.
Our course, which has been delivered both in-house and in public, will be present the key tenets of the LOPA technique, demonstrating how to make your facility appropriately safe and profitable
BENEFITS OF ATTENDANCE
Participants will leave this seminar able to:
- Learn the history of LOPA and why it was developed
- Link between HAZOP and LOPA
- Develop Scenarios
- Define an independent protection layer (IPL)
- Which frequency and probability numbers to use
- Lead a LOPA study
- Maximise your Process Safety Return on Investmen
The ideal participants of this seminar are:
- Experienced HAZOP team members who want to apply the engage with LOPA
- Those who need to refresh and update their LOPA experience
- Technical Team Leaders with a P&L responsibility
- Those with safety and project management responsibilities
BEST OF CLASS
The seminar Instructor has spent 30 years with industry leaders such as BP, KBR and Foster wheeler. He has held high level Process Safety, technical, operations, proposals and training positions. He graduated with an Honours Degree in Chemical Engineering from Edinburgh University in 1986. He was subsequently awarded an MBA from Aston University in 1997. Furthermore, he was elected a Fellow of the Institute of Chemical Engineers in 2014.
He combines a strong technical background, proven management and facilitation credentials and robust communication skills. He has leveraged the use of these assets to achieve success in the industry posts he has held to date in his career. He has recent experience as HAZOP, SIL, LOPA, HAZID and SIMOPs Leader for several leading Oil Industry company. In addition, he has held senior proposals posts in two major Oil Industry contractors (FW/KBR) for 5+ years, giving him a broad overview of design and operations requirements.
Seminar and course outlines published by BSS Middle East are protected by copyright.