NO SCHEDULE AVAILABLE
EFFECTIVE HAZOP IN OIL, GAS AND PETROCHEMICALS
Understand and apply the key principles of HAZOP (Hazard and Operability Review) to create optimally safe and operable process facilities.
Since its inception over 40 years ago, HAZOP (Hazard and Operability Study) has become the tool of choice for hazard identification and mitigation in industry where hazards are present and need to be contained. This seminar, which has received very positive feedback for delivery style and content, will present key principles of the HAZOP technique, for both team members and prospective leaders.
BENEFITS OF ATTENDANCE
Participants will leave this seminar able to:
- Learn how to be a good leader, emphasized by practice and reviews
- Learn how to manage HAZOP studies the importance of pre-study preparation
- Learn how to work effectively with team members and the team secretary
- Learn how HAZOP study works
- Learn the role and responsibilities of a team member
- Learn how to become a valuable team member
The ideal participants of this seminar are:
- HSE Personnel
- Senior Operators Senior Operators
- Shift Supervisors and Team Leaders
- Experienced HAZOP team members who are moving to team leadership
- Those who need to refresh and update their HAZOP experience
- Engineers and other technical personnel who are new to HAZOP study
- Those with safety and project management responsibilities
BEST OF CLASS
The seminar Instructor has spent 30 years with industry leaders such as BP, KBR and Foster wheeler. He has held high level Process Safety, technical, operations, proposals and training positions. He graduated with an Honours Degree in Chemical Engineering from Edinburgh University in 1986. He was subsequently awarded an MBA from Aston University in 1997. Furthermore, he was elected a Fellow of the Institute of Chemical Engineers in 2014.
He combines a strong technical background, proven management and facilitation credentials and robust communication skills. He has leveraged the use of these assets to achieve success in the industry posts he has held to date in his career. He has recent experience as HAZOP, SIL, LOPA, HAZID and SIMOPs Leader for several leading Oil Industry company. In addition, he has held senior proposals posts in two major Oil Industry contractors (FW/KBR) for 5+ years, giving him a broad overview of design and operations requirements.
Seminar and course outlines published by BSS Middle East are protected by copyright.